Friday, April 16, 2010

Yeh Khush Nahi Hain Jo Mila.... Bas Mangta Hi Hain Chala...



Aaj Shab Jo Chaand Ne Hai Roothane Ki Thaan Li
Gardishon Mein Hai Sitaare Baat Hamane Maan Li
Andheri Syaah Jindagi Ko Sujhati Nahi Gali 
Ke Aaj Haath Thaamlo Ik Haath Ki Kami Khali

I have always enjoyed this song.. but never really paid attention to its lyrics..

Recently I have been doing a lot of long lonely walks...and my Ipod seems to have developed a fascination for picking this track up...


There I was taking a walk on a humid late evening...
The quietness of the dimly lit park and the sweet whisperings of scattered lovers behind bushes provided me hardly any distraction...

So I decided to for once, to LISTEN to this song...


Play.... 4.14 mins....Menu...replay...another 4.14 mins.....Menu...replay.....4.14 mins....Menu...re-replay...4.14 mins...


and it made sense...flashbacks of my life matched patterns with the words......


Kyun Khoye Khoye Chaand Ki Firaaq Mein Talaash Mein Udaas Hai Dil 
Kyun Apane Aap Se Khafa Khafa Jara Jaraasa Naaraaj Hai Dil 
Yeh Manjilein Bhi Khudahi Tay Kare, Yeh Faasalein Bhi Khudhi Tay Kare 
Kyu Toh Rasto Pe Phir Seham Seham Sanbhal Sanbhal Ke Chalta Hai Ye Dil 
Kyun Khoye Khoye Chaand Ki Firaaq Mein Talaash Mein Udaas Hai Dil 

and I smiled... feeling stupid and feeling foolish for the zillions of 
insecurities I harbor/ed while setting out to achieve the ambitions I stubbornly defined for myself...

Dil Ko Samajhaana Keh Do Kya Aasaan Hai 
Dil To Fitrat Se Sunlo Na Beimaan Hai 
Yeh Khush Nahi Jo Mila, Bas Maangata Hi Hai Chala

and I smiled... once again....

Jindagi Sawaalon Ke Jawaab Dhudnein Chali
Jawaab Mein Sawaalon Ki Ik Lambi Si Ladi Mili 
Sawaal Hi Sawaal Hain Sujhti Nahi Gali 
Ke Aaj Haath Thaamlo Ik Haath Ki Kami Khali

and I smiled...feeling stupid  and feeling foolish once again at the millions of questions that I asked and troubled myself with.... hoping that the answers would help change what has past, ease the loss or the pain or perhaps  remove the guilt....







No comments:

Post a Comment